In Person – Moulin de Chaves Center
Date: MAY 22-28, 2023
Insight Yoga Teacher Training Intensive Retreat: Brightening the Inner Body with Sarah and Ty Powers.
Location: IN PERSON at Moulin de Chaves
Check In: After 2pm on May 22 (retreat begins after dinner)
Check Out: Rooms to be vacated by 10am on May 28
(self-led practice – no formal teachings – breakfast)
Teachings and practices for developing and integrating the energetic and psychological domains within us.
This course is for Yin practitioners and teachers who want to use the Yin yoga session as a doorway for developing the subtle body, Mindfulness practices and psychological inquiry. We highly recommend returning to these inner body teachings again and again, particularly in a retreat setting such as this, especially if you took this course non residentially before.
A 40-hour YA registered intensive.
Prerequisite: We consider this a Secondary Level training. We require that you have completed (will complete) Insight Yoga Teacher Training Intensive Primary Level with Sarah Powers.
In order to receive the YA 40 hour Certificate of Completion, attendance in the entire program is needed along with a brief essay sharing your experiences with the material. Please plan your time and travel accordingly.
Yin yoga encourages holding floor poses for long periods to enhance the Qi or energy distribution through the energy channels, fascia, organs, and bones. Restoring the flow of Qi within us has a direct impact on our psychological states, encouraging increased ease of being, a foundation for authentic insights to occur. After we have established a clear understanding of how and why to practice Yin yoga (as we do in the Primary Level training), we can begin to look more closely at the pranic and mind training aspects available to us while in the practices, which is what this retreat will emphasize.
In this course, which is based on Sarah’s second book, Lit from Within, we will NOT focus on how and why to practice Yin Yoga (assuming you already know these things), INSTEAD we will explore the inner methods; various breath patterns and retentions, visualizations for the health of the organs, contemplations in the poses, as well as the essential methods of Buddhist Mindfulness.
Each day will include a talk, yin yoga session with inner practices emphasized, seated meditation practices led by both Sarah and Ty, as well as interactive diads and discussion time. Included will be handouts and suggestions for reading. In this retreat setting, time for individual asana practice will also be included.
Study and Reading
Students will be provided a reading list 2-3 months prior to the start of the training and are asked to read the books assigned for this training before they arrive.
A training manual will be handed out on the first day of class.
For any questions:
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Important COVID Information:
- We will follow the requirements of Moulin de Chaves and the French government and provide Covid protocols as necessary as we get closer to the time of the retreat. As everyone is traveling from different countries, neither Moulin de Chaves nor The Insight Yoga Institute can know all of the individual requirements. Please make sure that you remain updated and are clear about visa/travel/testing requirements from your country to France prior to arriving.
Please submit payment using a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Diners Club) for your desired room type below. We do not accept payment via PayPal.
- Specific rooms cannot be confirmed online at the time of your registration request.
- All requests will be handled in the order they are received.
- You are submitting a request for a specific room type.
- If the room type is available, you will receive an email confirmation within 48 hours.
What happens if my requested room type is not available?
- You will receive an email with alternate room type options (if available) within 48 hours.
- If you accept the alternate room type offered, you will receive an email confirmation within 48 hours and if payment is owed, it will be due at that time. Please note that we will not be able to hold rooms beyond this time.
- If a payment credit is due based on the alternate room type chosen, it will be processed promptly. You will receive a final booking confirmation email.
Accommodations and Pricing:
- Early Bird pricing will be available until October 31, OR until the specific accommodation option sells out before October 31.
- IF as of November 1 an accommodation option is still available for registration, pricing will revert to the regular price and Early Bird pricing is no longer available.
- There is no additional Early Bird discount for the Dharma/Karma Yoga accommodation option. The price shown will remain the same until this option is sold out.
- The accommodation options are as follows (pricing per person):
- Single – Ensuite: $2025 Early Bird through October 31, $2225 starting November 1.
- Single – Shared Bath: $1875 Early Bird through October 31, $2075 starting November 1.
- Double – Shared Bath: $1781 Early Bird through October 31, $1981 starting November 1.
- Double – Tent – Dharma Rate/Karma Yoga: $1150 (no additional Early Bird discount)
- Karma Yoga: If you register for this option, we ask that you be available for 50 minutes each day to help with general maintenance of Le Moulin. This can include helping in the kitchen preparing vegetables, wash up, gardening, cleaning. The main Karma yoga would be at 9am and again after the lunch and supper period, to help with the wash up.
Terms and Conditions:
A message from Ty Powers:
I would like to provide some perspective about our policies. While you may feel that these terms are unnecessarily strict, they have evolved over our years of offering teachings around the world.
When we plan retreats/trainings, we must sign contracts with retreat centers and pay for a required number of attendees well in advance of your registration/payment in order to secure the kinds of venues you, our students, appreciate.
When we are asked to transfer or refund within a 8-week period in advance of a retreat or training, these requests are very difficult to consider. With transfer and refund requests, as mentioned above, the funds have already been committed to the specific venue.
Many of you have told us that you see that we have a waitlist in place and it should be no issue to fill your spot. In our experience, we have found that it is very rare that another student can respond within the 8-week window, even if they had asked to be on a waitlist. For those of you who have attended a retreat/training, organizing this amount of time away from your work and home life, as you know, is not easily accomplished and takes time and preparation.
Because of these circumstances, we ask that you read our provisions carefully, and confirm your acceptance before proceeding to registration. Please note that it is important that you review and understand the terms for each workshop/retreat/training that you register for as these vary based on the various venues where we teach.
If you are concerned about having to cancel your attendance, then please consider protecting your investment by purchasing trip cancellation insurance coverage.
We want you to know that we are sympathetic to your life circumstances, but we cannot make exceptions to these policies. Please know we are extremely grateful for your ongoing interest and support.
- Payment must be made in full at the time of registration.
- If you are concerned about having to cancel your attendance, then we strongly encourage protecting your investment by purchasing trip cancellation insurance coverage that includes “cancel for any reason”.
CANCELLATION POLICY (NON-COVID)
- If you cancel between registration and March 27, 2023 a 25% cancellation fee will be charged based on amount paid.
- If you cancel between the period March 27, 2023 – May 22, 2023, we will make every attempt to fill your space. If we are able to fill your space then we will refund you 75%. If we are not able to fill your space then we will refund you 25%.
- All cancellations must be made in writing with as much notice as possible by emailing email@example.com.
CANCELLATION POLICY (COVID)
- If we must cancel due to Covid, we will offer new dates for the training to transfer your registration.
- If you are unable to participate with the new dates, we will refund you minus a $75 administration cost.
- If you are unable to travel from your country to France due to Covid, we will refund you minus a $75 administration cost.
- If you need to cancel due to testing positive with Covid before the first day of the training, we will need to see your PCR test results and will refund you minus a $75 administration cost.
- If you test positive with Covid during the training, we will ask you to stay in your room, and will suggest you wait to re-join us once you test negative.
- We will work with you to determine how the hours missed can be made up.
- All cancellations must be made in writing with as much notice as possible by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No transfers between retreats, trainings, and/or workshops except as outlined above.
- No transfers of registrations between attendees.
- No refunds will be made for failure to attend or failure to complete the retreat.
- All refunds will be processed within 2 weeks following a program.
Limitation of Liability:
- Sarah and/or Ty Powers and/or The Insight Yoga Institute cannot be responsible or liable for any injury, loss or damage of property, or disruption of any program due to circumstances beyond their control.
- I am participating in Yoga Teacher Trainings, Intensives, Silent Retreats and/or Workshops offered by Sarah and/or Ty Powers and/or The Insight Yoga Institute during which I will receive information and instruction about yoga and health. I recognize that yoga requires physical exertion that may be strenuous and may cause physical injury, and I am fully aware of the risks and hazards involved.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to consult with a physician prior to and regarding my participation in the Yoga Teacher Trainings, Intensives, Silent Retreats and/or Workshops. I represent and warrant that I am physically fit and I have no medical condition that would prevent my full participation in the Yoga Teacher Trainings, Intensives, Silent Retreats and/or Workshops.
- In consideration of being permitted to participate in Yoga Teacher Trainings, Intensives, Silent Retreats and/or Workshops, I agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, injuries or damages, known or unknown, which I might incur as a result of participating in the program.
- In further consideration of being permitted to participate in Yoga Teacher Trainings, Intensives, Silent Retreats and/or Workshops, I knowingly, voluntarily and expressly waive any claim I may have against Sarah and/or Ty Powers and/or The Insight Yoga Institute for injury or damages that I may sustain as a result of participating in the program.
- I, my heirs or legal representatives forever release waive, discharge any covenant not to sue Sarah and/or Ty Powers and/or The Insight Yoga Institute for any injury or death caused by their negligence or other acts.
- I agree to hold Sarah and/or Ty Powers and/or The Insight Yoga Institute harmless for any injury caused to me during the practice indicated above.
Release: I am aware that I may be included in photographs taken at any Sarah Powers or Insight Yoga Institute event that may be used on www.SarahPowersInsightYoga.com and associated social media websites.