The word in Sanskrit for that quality of love that permeates our natural being is Maitri, translated as loving-kindness.
- Make the aspiration today to bring Maitri more into the foreground in body, speech and mind.
- Take loving care of yourself by pausing to breathe consciously right now, wherever you are, in a relaxed way, for 5 minutes.
- As you move through your day, let go of any rushing in your activities, eat especially healthy, doing some yoga or taking a walk, in general being relaxed and self loving all day.
- In speech, emphasize words today that are kind and beneficial, and fill your mind over and over with gratitude for this precious, mysterious life!
- Enjoy a day filled with loving kindness toward yourself.
At the end of the day, laying in bed, reflect on the simple moments today where you felt soft and receptive, remembering how you experienced yourself, committing to be your own best friend and protector tomorrow, and the following days as well.